Nov 1, 2015

Monthly Fitness Roundup: October

Hi everybody! Here is a quick summary of my favorite things from the previous month, related to fitness and healthy eating:


Workout of the month: Zumba Fitness Core Video Game. This shouldn’t be called a workout of the month because I have been doing it for 2,5 years now, but it’s my favorite type of exercise and I had to share it with you. I like how it doesn’t even feel like exercise at all. I have so much fun dancing to the music, but I still can see great results as I would with any other type of exercise. I have tried all of the Zumba Fitness video games for Xbox 360, but the Zumba Fitness Core is my favorite because the choreography is specifically designed to target the core muscles, which have always been my trouble spot.

Recipe of the month: Blogilates Banana Pancakes. I love, love, love these pancakes! I am trying to eat healthy and avoid processed foods, so these pancakes are a perfect option for me when I am having a craving for something sweet. They only have 2 ingredients (1 ripe banana and 2 eggs), they are very easy to make and they taste amazing. They are gluten free, dairy free, low calorie and high in protein.

All you have to do is mash the banana and mix it with the two eggs. I like to fry them in a pan coated with coconut oil because it gives the pancakes a light coconut flavor. I serve them usually with fresh fruit and agave syrup, but you can choose whatever toppings you like.

Inspiration of the month: Ella Woodward. She is a healthy-eating blogger and book author, who after being diagnosed with a rare medical condition, completely changed her diet by starting to eat a whole foods plant-based diet and giving up all meat, dairy, sugar, gluten and processed foods. These changes helped her combat the symptoms of her illness, have more energy and transform her life.

Although I strongly believe in healing through conventional medicine, I do think that what you choose to put inside your body has a huge influence on your health and well-being. That is why I try to avoid eating processed foods as much as possible.

I really liked reading Ella Woodward’s book Deliciosly Ella. I am not vegan (as you might have noticed from my banana pancake recipe) and I am not even vegetarian, but I have already tried some of her recipes and they were easy to make, filling and quite tasty.

Workout song of the month: Robert Randolph & the Family Band - Ain't Nothing Wrong With That. This is one of the songs that are featured on the Zumba Fitness Core video game and every time this song comes up in the workout, no matter how tired or out of breath I am, I get a new burst of energy and I give my all dancing to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...