Mar 22, 2015

Turkish brunch at Pamukkale restaurant

The Pamukkale restaurant was long time on my list of restaurants to have brunch in. Every time I passed by it on Sundays, it was always completely full. Now, after having brunch with my friends there last week, I can understand why.


The food was delicious and there was so much to choose from. I especially liked their different types of spreads, which I ate with the small thin börek pastries filled with cheese, meat and spinach.



The highlight of the brunch was the freshly prepared gözleme. Gözleme is a Turkish pastry made with thin dough, filled with different toppings. In one of the rooms from the restaurant there was a lady sitting in front of a griddle, making fresh gözleme. Everybody who was having brunch could order the delicious pastry with toppings of choice and after 10min could pick up the freshly cooked gözleme especially for them.

 
There were 4 types of toppings to choose from: white cheese, spinach, meat and potatoes. I had a gözleme with one half filled with spinach and white cheese and the other half filled with meat and although I liked the half with spinach and cheese better, both of them were very delicious. But one whole gözleme was too much for me alone. I ended up sharing mine with my husband.
 
 
Even though I was completely full from eating all of the tasty savory foods, I managed to find some space for dessert. I couldn’t resist the delicious baklava at the desserts table.
 
Altogether it was a really nice Sunday brunch and I am looking forward to going to the Pamukkale restaurant again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...