Apr 12, 2015

Savoy Cinema

I love watching movies in the original version, not because I am not able to understand them in German, but because I like hearing the original voices from the actors. Until two years ago I used to go often to the Streit’s cinema at Jungfernstieg. Unfortunately it was closed in April 2013, so I started searching for a good substitute. Last year I was happy to find out about the Savoy cinema in St. Georg. 



Just like Streit’s, Savoy also offers most of the movies in original language. But they offer one extra perk. All the seats are big comfortable faux leather chairs and in the back rows there is extra space between the rows with faux leather stools in front of each seat, so you can put your feet up. 
 

In front of the cinema there is a nice bar where you can buy all off the usual stuff, such as drinks, popcorn and ice, unfortunately no nachos.

 
You can reach the cinema if you walk 5 minutes from the Hamburg main station or from the U-Bahn station Lohmühlenstraße. I wouldn’t suggest going there with your car because it took us 20min to find a parking space last time and in the end we parked near the Hamburg main station anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...